The Prophet – Peace and Blessings be upon him – taught us how to protect ourselves from mental, physical and spiritual illnesses and difficulties. Every morning and evening, he would read about a dozen dua (supplications) for protection so we thought it would be useful to gather them all here with their evidences and benefits.
“O ye who believe! Celebrate the ‘Dhikr’ (Remembrance) of Allah and do this (as)much (as possible)”
“And glorify Him Morning and Evening.” [Surah Al Ahzaab: 41-42]
When should you read the morning dua?
According to Ibn Qayyim(RA)’s interpretation of the following words of Allah, he concludes that the morning Supplication is from Fajr till Sunrise, although it can be read as soon as one remembers if they forget.
- Ayat ul Kursi – Verse of the Throne
- Surah’s Ikhlaas, Falaq & Naas
- We have reached the morning (Asbahnaa wa Asbahul Mulku lillah…)
- By You we enter the morning (Allahumma bika Asbahnaa …)
- O Allah, You are my Lord (Allahumma anta Rabbee …)
- O Allah, I have entered a new morning (Allahumma innee asbahtu …)
- Dua: O Allah, whatever blessing (Allaahumma maa asbaha …)
- O Allah, I seek refuge from grief and sorrow (Allaahumma ‘innee ‘a’oothu bika …)
- Dua: O Allah, grant me good health (Allaahumma ‘aafinee …)
- Dua: O Allah, grant me pardon (Allaahumma innee as’aluka…)
- Dua: O Allah, Knower of the Unseen (Allaahumma Aalimal Ghayb…)
- Dua: Allah is sufficient for me (HasbiyAllahu …)
- Dua: In the Name of Allah with whose Name nothing can harm (Laa Yadurru…)
- Dua: I am pleased with Allah (Radeetu billahi)
- Dua: O Ever Living One (Yaa Hayyu Yaa Qayyoom)
- Dua: All dominion is Allah’s (Al Mulku lillahi…)
- Dua: We rise upon the natural religion (alaa fitratil Islam…)
- Dua: Allah is Transcendent (SubhanAllahi wa Bihamdih)
- Dua: How perfect Allah is (Reaching the number of his creation)
- Dua: There is no God except Allah
- Dua: Send blessings upon the Prophet – Peace and Blessings be upon him
- Dua: Beneficial knowledge (Ilm an Naafi’an)
- Dua: Seek forgiveness and repentance
When should you read the evening dua?
According to Ibn Qayyim(RA)’s interpretation of the following words of Allah, he concludes that the evening Supplication is from Asr till Sunset, although it can be read as soon as one remembers if they forget.