Ibn al-Qayyim Rahimahullah said:
Three things sickens the body:
- Talking too much.
- Sleeping too much.
- Eating too much.
Four things destroy the body:
- Staying up late at night.
Four things dries the face and takes away its joy and respect:
- Asking too many questions without knowledge.
Four things brings to the face joy and respect:
- Self respect.
Four things bring Rizq (provision):
- Night prayers.
- Frequent remembrance of Allah before dawn.
- Continues charity.
- The remembrance of Allah at the beginning and at the end of the day.
Four things prevent Rizq (provision):
- Sleeping early in the morning (after Fajr).
- Lack of prayers.
- Treason and betrayal.
Baab ul Tib ( Zaad Al Ma’ad ) 378/4