Invite all to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching
His phone rang in masjid by accident during prayers.
The imam gave a short sermon after prayer and made him a reference point to careless worshiper.
Other worshippers too admonished him after prayers for interrupting.
His wife kept on lecturing on his carelessness all the way home.
Other brothers shook their heads in disgust
You could see the shame, embarrassment and humiliation on his face.
He never stepped foot in the masjid again.
That evening, he went to a bar.
He was still nervous and trembling.
He spilled his drink on the table, bottle falls by accident and it splashed on some people.
Those it touched rushed towards him. He closed his eyes expecting bashing of words or slaps.
Instead they cared to know if he didn’t get a cut from the broken bottle.
The waiter apologized and gave him a napkin to clean himself.
The janitor mopped the floor.
The female manager offered him a complimentary drink.
She also gave him a huge hug and a peck while saying, “Don’t worry man. Who doesn’t make mistakes?”
He has not stopped going to that bar since then.
Sometimes our attitude as believers drives souls to Hell. We think we know it all. We think it is very certain we are going to Jannah or heaven.
All mentions in the Quran about using wisdom when we advise anyone,
Invite (all) to the way of your Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for your Lord knows best who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance.} (An-Nahl 16:125)
Alas, you can make a difference by how you treat people especially when they make mistakes.
* IF you cannot be a bridge to connect people, then do not be a wall to separate them.
* IF you cannot be a light to brighten people’s good deeds then do not be darkness covering their efforts.
* IF you cannot be water to help people’s crops sprout, then do not be a pest destroying their crops.
* IF you cannot be a vaccine to give life, do not be a virus to terminate it.
* IF you cannot be a pencil to write anyone’s happiness, then try to be a nice eraser to remove their sadness.
We can always be each others keeper, let us resolve to heal the world and make it a better place. Yes, we can.