(وَأَمَّا الْجِدَارُ فَكَانَ لِغُلَامَيْنِ يَتِيمَيْنِ فِي الْمَدِينَةِ وَكَانَ تَحْتَهُ كَنْزٌ لَهُمَا وَكَانَ أَبُوهُمَا صَالِحًا فَأَرَادَ رَبُّكَ أَنْ يَبْلُغَا أَشُدَّهُمَا وَيَسْتَخْرِجَا كَنْزَهُمَا رَحْمَةً مِنْ رَبِّكَ ۚ وَمَا فَعَلْتُهُ عَنْ أَمْرِي ۚ ذَٰلِكَ تَأْوِيلُ مَا لَمْ تَسْطِعْ عَلَيْهِ صَبْرًا)
And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the city, and there was beneath it a treasure for them, and their father had been righteous. So your Lord intended that they reach maturity and extract their treasure, as a mercy from your Lord. And I did it not of my own accord. That is the interpretation of that about which you could not have patience.” [Surah Al-Kahf 82]
Every time you get lazy in doing good deeds remember how Allah sent the best two men on earth then, Musa and Al-Khidr عليهما السلام to fix the wall of two orphans. The reason?
“وكان أبوهما صالحاً”
“and their father was righteous..”
- Ibn `Abbās said, “They were protected by the righteousness of their father.”
- Be righteous and fear Allah for, if you do so Allah will not just keep you in His special care and protection but even your family and future generation will be in His special protection because of your good deeds.
- When Abdullah ibn Mas’ood used to pray nawafil at night and would see his small children sleeping then he would say ” this is for your bright future” and whilst crying would recite: (و كان ابوهما صالحا).
- The condition of Saeed ibn alMusayab was similar, he says ” I pray, then when I remember my child I increase in my prayers”
- Sadaqah is a means of expiation of sins and also benefit the children to be righteous.
- Give Sadaqah, make dua and take care of the needs of other children to benefit your own children.