Great interview tips
TOP TIPS FOR INTERVIEW IMPACT
- Find the pseudo-leader / decision maker on the panel and get their approval
- Pick up cues from their opening preamble and comments
- “Big thinking”, “Strategic”, “Under-served”
- Clearly state 3 things, and only THREE
- Only use I-I-I … not “We” unless you state clearly your contribution
- WOW factor can only be landed in the first 2-3 questions. Tell them early how you meet their requirements. Show your passion, not a stock response.
- Tell a story – show the problem and how you can uniquely work to solve it.
- They’re not looking for the finished product – highlight where you have learnt from experiences and how you can use that in this role. If you state a weakness, follow it with what you’re doing about it.
- They are looking for candidates who are reaching their ceiling. Prove you are ready and are looking for a “bigger challenge”
- Show insight and intelligence – what have you learnt about the company?
- Pick on the key items in the JD and build great examples
Always ring the number and ask them subtlely “What are you looking for?”
Dress: smart, right size, blue shirt, shoes polished.
>>> Leadership is unlocking people’s potential to become better.